The Surgical Services Department of Fairmont Regional Medical Center offers a variety of surgery options in a modern, state-of-the-art surgical suite. Our staff consists of caring and compassionate surgeons, anesthesiologists, registered nurses and other medical professionals trained to provide expert surgical care. Emergency surgeries are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
A fully staffed Recovery/PACU unit ensures our patients are on the road to recovery following their surgical procedure. Our staff works with the patient and family to aid in the recovery process through education and support.
Our board certified surgeons specialize in the following surgical sub-specialties:
- General & Vascular (appendectomy, hernia repair, mastectomy, laparoscopy, gallbladder surgery, peripheral vascular surgery, breast biopsy, carotid artery, breast care procedures, etc.)
- Ophthalmology (cataract removal, small incision technique/topical anesthesia cataract surgery, clear lens extractions, astigmatism correction, clear lens extractions, multifocal lens implants, etc.)
- Orthopedic (joint & knee replacements, carpal tunnel, sports medicine, arthroscopic knee and shoulder surgery, ACL injury repair, and general orthopedics)
- Otolaryngology/Ear Nose & Throat (tonsillectomy, surgery of the head and neck, ear tube surgery, etc.)
- Obstetrics & Gynecology (hysterectomy, laparoscopy, endometrial biopsy, urinary incontinence, caesarean births, pelvic prolapse repair, etc.)
- Podiatry (bone spurs, diabetic foot surgery, ankle ligament repair, ankle fracture, heel pain, bunions, ankle arthroscopy, arthritic joints, etc.)